Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas memory

I remember a Christmas when I was 6 or 7 and my cousins were here and we had a party and my grandparents house. We did the nativity and I remember I wanted to be Mary so bad, I think I was kind of a brat that night, I don't know for sure. Anyways, I got my way and was Mary. I think it was our last Christmas with my Aunt. We opened one present that night. Then went back over the next morning to see what Santa left at grandma and grandpas. The tradition has changed for me, now we go to my parents house. But for my kids, the tradition is still the same. Christmas is so much about family to me. It is fun to get and give presents but the time I spend at Christmas functions means so much more. I would love to go back to when I was 6 or 7 and have Christmas with my grandparents and aunt and uncles and cousins. I miss that. My memories of Christmas will last longer than any gift...as long as I don't get Alzheimer's! Just want to wish you a safe and Merry Christmas and enjoy life and family.

No comments: